Thursday, December 12, 2013

It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas .......

Everywhere in this house .... even the teddy bears are dressed in their Christmas sweaters.  I think they whisper together at night - getting a bit excited about the Christmas fun!
 Making my lists and checking them twice!  Scratching some items off and adding new ones - am I out of tape????  How is the supply of sugar?  Need eggs?  Did I forget a present???
Wrapping paper, ribbons, pine cones, glue gun, scissors, tape ... bits of glitter and sparkle - pieces of things all over the place.  What's left to wrap - oh yes, all those in the downstairs closet.  Oh dear me!
 Yummy yummy in my tummy!  Chocolate cookies fresh from the oven.  Ohhhh, the aromas wafting from the kitchen - am I in Hershey, Pennsylvania?????
 Reminders of what it is all really about - the precious unspeakable gift of Jesus leaving heaven for this earth with all its pain and sorrow.  This is the inside of a lovely clay pot with the nativity inside - a gift from Christine when she returned from a mission trip in Central America.  Lovely.
Bannister wrapped in garland - poinsettias standing in the entry way ....
More wrapping to be done - grab those labels - am I almost out of them??? Where's the list?
 Basket for the Christmas cards is dressed in holly and ivy.
 Glass jar full of festive balls placed in the dining room - this was a gift from the sweet women who worked in the same department as I did several years ago.  It's a nice reminder of their thoughtfulness.
 Glittery trees are standing at attention on the mantel.
The bulbs are beginning to bloom already - did I start them too soon?  Oh well, they smell wonderful and add a bit of beauty all their own!

Busy we are!  Let's not forget to honor Him who loves us so much - His gift of salvation is a forever gift - won't rust or corrode with time.

Love to you,
Janet

No comments:

Post a Comment