Monday, June 1, 2015

I love gardens and flowers and summer!

Warm days ... cool nights .... sunset at almost 9:00 p.m.  Birds singing, children laughing and squealing, green plants peeking up through the dirt .... fresh air coming flowing through the house .... porch furniture washed off and cushions fluffed and put in place.  Wonderful time of year.

A friend from church gave me a tiny geranium, just the right size for the porch. What is it about geraniums that makes me feel so homey and happy and makes me think of picket fences and pretty houses?  

Sandy spends hours on the porch looking at the birds and basking in the sun or sleeping and dreaming on a porch chair.  I swear he tried out every single chair on the porch ... slept on every cushion!  Enjoys every minute.  Curls up next to me when I go out there to read; we breathe in the fresh air and stare together at the huge trees swaying and the hummingbirds flitting around the feeder.  

Eating on the porch ... nothing like it.  A screened-in porch is one of the best things ever invented, and I don't think I'd ever want to be without one ever again!







 Early morning when the sun is just beginning to shine and it is so fresh and clean outside .... looking to the east as the sun slants across the fences and onto the garden.


And - the best gift of all was a visit from my niece and her husband from Texas .... and who should they bring with them but their PRECIOUS six-month-old baby boy.  He had us all totally in love with him the moment he came in the door and smiled at us!  Look at the little fluff of hair and his friendly smile.  He was a delight.


What a nice way to begin the summer!

Blessings,
Janet




1 comment: